About Me

My photo
Wife of one. Mother of two. Sister of three. Just trying to get it all figured out before it's too late!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So much to read, so little time!

It has been rainy and dreary here for several days.  Last night,  I slept with the bedroom window open so I could enjoy the shimmering chill in the air as a fierce storm sucked up all the sound for miles around.  A bright flash of light would illuminate the room and then, almost 20 seconds later a clap of thunder would sound in the distance.  It was delicious!

This morning I woke up thinking about books.  So many books to read!  I went around the house and gathered up all the books waiting to be read.  I love having such a wealthy supply of riches waiting for me!  I stacked them all up on the coffee table and took a picture.  Here they are:



That big book on the bottom of the stack is three pounds of words.  Literally!  I weighed it on my little kitchen scale.  Several years ago, I read Follett's Pillars of the Earth.   What an amazing literary work!  It transported me back to the middle ages, where I lived and breathed for days on end as I watched the lives unfold of folks involved with the building of a great cathedral.  I was loathe to turn the last page, knowing I would feel lonely and sad for weeks upon having to leave their world.  Oh!  How I'm looking forward to being transported again to another time and place with his book, Fall of Giants.  I'm saving it for last!  

In the meantime, I've started reading A Beautiful Blue Death; a British mystery set in the 19th century.  It's a fun and exciting read so far!

While I've been sitting here at the dining room table typing, a robin has perched on a branch right outside my window.  He is watching me type and seems to be very interested in my blog!  He was kind enough to let me snap his picture.


I would love to continue writing, but I simply feel I must brew a cuppa and get back to my book while the weather is still cold and dreary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment