About Me

My photo
Wife of one. Mother of two. Sister of three. Just trying to get it all figured out before it's too late!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Visual Update

I've been gone for several months and lest you think it's because I was laying incapacitated in the hospital, I thought I'd give a brief synopsis of what I've been doing.

Here goes:

Bought a truck to send to Haiti.

Truck for Haiti

Went to auctions and sales, buying "stuff" to put in the truck and send to Haiti.

Storing "stuff" in a rented facility
Loading truck with "stuff" for Haiti


Sent truck to Haiti.

Hung out at the Johnny Appleseed Festival with family and friends.

Mom, Dad, and me at the JA
My mom and dad
My dad, gathering popcorn off the ground for consumption

Attended the opening of a new Burmese/Thai restaurant, Akaungzarr.

Akaungzarr Asian Restaurant


Went to Haiti.

Visited with the children from the tent school that Mustard Seed helps support.

School Administrator, Martine, looks on while a young girl opens the day with prayer


Went to the American Embassy for a visa interview for the two little girls whose adoptions I am facilitating.

Kate Nerlande (5) and Ellie Shilove (3)
the girls are exhausted after their interview!

Met my namesake, Marialyn, who was born October 25, 2010.

The two Marialyns

Came back from Haiti, but left Eddy behind!

Attended the Kathina (robe-giving ceremony) at the Lao Temple.

The ceremony
One of several money trees


The Monks


Man bringing his offering
Ladies bringing their offerings


Food is always my favorite part!
Monks are served their food on bamboo trays

Had a couple leaf-raking parties.  Thanks to family and friends for helping out!

Mike, Blake, and Dad
Marilyn (Melissa in background)
Jennifer and Todd
Tommy
Eddy and Dad


Attended a Buddhist wedding.

The bride and groom

Spent a wonderful week in Minnesota with my kids.   We stayed at the relaxing and beautiful Cove Point Lodge on the shore of Lake Superior.

Lyndy and me along Lake Superior

walking along the shoreline

Split Rock Lighthouse in MN
Lyndy and Lucas at Split Rock Lighthouse




Celebrated Thanksgiving.

More food than we could eat!
Upstairs folks

Downstairs folks

Sent my daughter off to work and live in Boston.

Lyndy moves to Boston with only a book bag and a single suitcase!
Love you too Baby!
Enjoyed the first snowfall of the season.

snow on bush


And of course, as always, I spent lots of time doing my two favorite things:

Cooking

Thai tapioca dumplings stuffed with spicy pork and peanuts
Pretzel rolls
Acorn squash stuffed with quinoa

And spending time with my Sister!

Jenni (hic) fer!!!

I think that pretty much gets you all caught up!

6 comments:

  1. you are vedy vedy bad! I will NOT be sharing this one on my facebook page!! Furthermore, I am closing the vault on all funny-make-my-sister-laugh poses from here on in. You will only ever now get the Jennifer-the-beautiful pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - really love the picture of mom and dad though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are impossible!!! Never again will I trust you with a camera around me. I will stay hidden and away from your father!!! ....and furthermore, I don't understand why you always stuff my clothing before you photograph me!!! What's the point?!? ....and furthermore, if I had known what your father was doing, I would have used my elbow, which was in perfect alignment, for a quick, firm punch where it counts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....and furthermore, yet: that was my popcorn I threw on the ground just to see if he would pick it up and eat it. No disappointment there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom? Is that you? Have you changed your name to Anonymous??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me? Anonymous? Who would have thunk it?!? Remember, I am the one who is so proud of my fb postings that I delete them the second time I read them!

    ReplyDelete