About Me

My photo
Wife of one. Mother of two. Sister of three. Just trying to get it all figured out before it's too late!

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Sister

I like to make fun of my sister.  She's always BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!  Do you want to know what she's busy doing?  Chicken stuff.  She's got a bunch of chickens and she spends countless hours a day taking care of her chickens and doing chicken-related things.  Like collecting eggs or building bigger chicken coops or constructing incubators.  






My sister likes to ridicule me for starting work on tomorrow's supper as soon as I finish today's.  She thinks it's a bit odd that I write out grocery lists and spend time traveling around from market to market looking for particular ingredients to use in my cooking.  Well.... I think it's a bit odd for someone to spend time and money building saddles to put on their hens' backs because the Rooster is ripping out their feathers and tearing up their skin when he aggressively and savagely has his way with them.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.  But when I make fun of my sister, I have to do it under my breathe because if she even suspects she is being made the butt of some joke, she's likely to turn me black and blue.  She's tiny, but she's MEAN!





7 comments:

  1. Oaky, I highly object! ....HIGHLY! This short video was taken COMPLETELY out of context as I was telling a story about what someone was saying TO ME! - of course I would never speak to anyone in such a manner (and certainly not on video). Tiny?.... hmpf! - not hardly anymore. Mean?....HA! (I will kick your a$$ for saying such a thing). As for the chickens....well, it's all true. However, in my defense anyone who knows anything about chickens knows that chicken sadles are a humane necessity and furthermore I'm instrumental in helping many people have access to good free range eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this story might have involved the "big red button"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my daughters and their special close relationhship. This video is actually Jennifer talking to me in response to something I suggested she not do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that makes even more sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that some one had to become part of the story, Jennifer was telling a story about a kid she had in her class.but yes she is a mean lil cuss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahah!!! <3 it!
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now, would that "part of the story" be me or Tim?!? (or maybe even both!!!)

    ReplyDelete